Coca-Cola is not only the most popular soft drink in the world, but also one of the most recognizable global brands.
While the soda is all sorts of delicious, the caramel colored drink has long been scrutinized for its acidity, with a pH level of 2.5. To put this number into perspective, consider the pH value of water, which is 7, and that of battery acid,1. Yikes.
Furthermore, research by health writer Wade Meredith, explains that a 330ml can of Coca-Cola contains so much sugar, your body should vomit – but the phosphoric acid “cuts the flavor”, helping you keep the liquid down. After 40 minutes, your blood sugar has spiked, your pupils dilated, and your blood pressure elevated.
Given the above information, one can infer that long term and/or frequent consumption of Coca-Cola could result in adverse health effects and should be ingested in moderation. BUT, don’t give up on the Red and Silver just yet — it turns out the soft drink can be used for a multitude of things outside of consumption, namely, as an acidic domestic cleaner!
Here are 20 clever (and somewhat disturbing) uses for Coca Cola:
- Clean blood stains from clothing.
- Soak pennies in Coke to polish them.
- You can also use it to descale a kettle.
- Clean the toilet. Just pour it in the toilet bowl, leave it a while, and then flush clean.
- Eliminate the grease stains from your clothes and fabrics.
- Pour on oil stains in the garage and hose off for a fresh, clean surface.
- Due to the high concentration of acids, it can kill slugs and snails.
- Coke can help you eliminate the rust stains from your pool. You should pour 2 liters of Coke in the pool, and let it act for a while.
- Soak a sponge or a cloth, or even an aluminum foil, in Coke, and you can remove rust and rusty bolts.
- Pour each of the car battery terminals with a bit of Coke to clean them.
- Dip the hair in a bit of Coke and keep it this for 2 minutes, and wipe it off, in order to remove the gum stuck in the hair.
- You can also use it to clean engines.
- Coke can help you remove paint from your metal furniture. You should dip a towel in it, and apply it on the paint stains.
- Pour a bit of Coke on the kitchen floor, leave it to act, and then wipe it to clean the tile grout.
- Coke can help you fade or remove the hair dye.
- Coke, combined with aluminum foil, can efficiently polish Chrome.
- Use it to clean the stains from vitreous china.
- In order to clean the marker stains on the carpet, pour a bit of it, scrub, and rinse with soapy water.
- Coke can also dissolve a tooth. If you place a tooth in a sealed container filled with Coke and leave it for a longer time, it will dissolve.
- You should pour some Coke in your burnt pans, leave it to act, and rinse the pan to clean it.
Given the information above, do you think Coca-Cola should be FDA approved? SHARE this with your friends and family to get the discussion going!